Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Good to be back :-)

I have been on a roll!

A real big one actually. Mostly after the X results were out all of us went out and away searching for our dreams and somewhere down the line we just carried on with our lives. Living and chasing the dreams.

Went to different colleges, then came work and more work and more work... and then it was all just a memory of the distant past.

I have met so many people after that fateful day. So many... some friends even until today and some just mere acquaintances. So many people. Tired of counting them.

But what really stuck with me are the memories of school. Imagine from LKG until X std you study in the same school. Grow up with friends. fight with them. Eat with them. Hang out with them. Play with them. When  it comes to being trashed by the teacher, bear with them...

My son has already changed around 4 schools since his LKG in 3 years. But then that's probably the situation these days.

I wish everyone has good memories like I do. Great friends. The list is way tooooo long to be listed here. But yes, they will make some appearances as we talk along. They have been the most important part of my formative years. My friends I cannot forget.

Just to name a few and this is how all this started...
I suddenly felt the urge to connect with all my former batch mates and I kept searching the web. This was way back in 2001. Internet was still in its infancy (Atleast in the middleast and I was staying in Saudi Arabia)
I had to start somewhere and so I started  searching for so many friends (Ramesh, Sandhya Iyer, Amol, Ashish Bhide, Suhas Kundargi... etc etc this list is really long)

Then I manage to get some 35 email i/ds of Ramesh Srinivasan and I pasted all those i/ds onto my email message and sent a bulk mailto all those addresses. To my good luck, Ramesh responded and he was in Caltech (I think the name is correct) doing his PhD in Computer technology. God! how long will he study i wondered. And we all friends are most proud of his achievements.

I tried many other searches from that day onwards but none was fruitful.

I am a strong supporter of embracing new technology since it has made the world smaller and brought long lost friends closer. It is more easier to get in touch with long lost friends than it was a decade ago!

Thanks to social networks, all of us can stay online manage our profile, meet friends and stay connected.

I cannot thank my stars more to help us friends have a reunion of sorts.

We now have a good group of around 20+ old batch mates and we are connected with each other.

More than 18 years has passed since we all left school. We all just feel like going back in time in our beige uniforms wearing or house ties (Nehru-Green, Gandhi-Blue, Tilak-Yellow and Tagore-Red)

And it just feels good to be back....


Coming up next the times and best school moments...